Kindness toward the environment and sustainable practice in the lab makes coursework more interesting for students enrolled in BIOSCI 102: Plants, Microbes and Society.
Senior Tutor David Seldon from the School of Biological Sciences has created innovation in the form of used coffee grounds sourced from cafes on campus, as an alternative to plastic in the lab. The result is a more engaged class, working together to explain their findings.
Research centres and resources
- Institute for Innovation in Biotechnology
- Centre for Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics
- Joint Graduate School in Plant and Food Science
- Joint Graduate School in Biodiversity and Biosecurity
- Bioinformatics Institute
- New Zealand Plants
- Joint Graduate School in Coastal and Marine Science
- Joint Graduate School in Dairy Research and Innovation
- Auckland Science Analytical Services (ASAS)